Friday 21 October 2011

Peppa Pig Cake

This Peppa Pig cake was for a friend's daughter's 3rd birthday party. 2 Tiers of Madiera cake with strawberry jam and vanilla butter cream. I must admit, having laid the blue and green fondant on the cakes I did start to worry that I had bitten off more than I could chew..... but I think without all the detail on any cake then it's pretty unimpressive.

I made the figures a couple of days in advance and really struggled with those as the fondant was just not playing! I also struggled with how to attach the sun to the top and eventually settled on slightly clumsy looking lollipop sticks. In the end the amount of detail detracted from the minor imperfections (I hope) and the overall impression was just about satisfactory.

It really wasn't fun transporting it on my knee in the car for half an hour though!

(Emily Elephant never made it!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment