Monday 17 October 2011

Hungry Caterpillar Cake

For My daughter's 2nd birthday party I really wanted to create a fabulous Hungry Caterpiller cake. She loved the Eric Carle books and the DVD.
The Hungry Caterpillar cake had a custard sponge with custard filling for the top tier and chocolate mud cake with vanilla buttercream for the bottom tier.
This cake was the 1st 2 tier cake I had made and only the 3rd fondant cake I had ever made.
The only problems I had were getting the bits of the Caterpillar to stick to the fondant as I'd made them too thick and heavy. Also, the no. 2 I originally had sticking out the top of the cake snapped - I didn't know about Patische or tylose at this point - but the lollys were a good substitute.


Overall, I was pleased with the result, but it took me HOURS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment